Bachelor Button - Black Magic (Centaurea cyanus) Black Centaurea Heirloom Wildflower Flower
Height: 20 in to 24 in
This variety of Bachelor Button, also known as Cornflowers, produces single, semi-double flowers in attractive dark maroon purples to almost black shades and is a wonderful addition to any wildflower or meadow garden. This heirloom variety originated in Britain and Europe. Also known as Black Magic Bachelor Buttons
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Blooms early summer to fall.
- Direct seed (preferred method) in fall or early spring.
- OR started indoors 6 weeks before last frost; sow seeds 1/8 in deep; transplant to garden when soil is warm and seedlings are strong enough to handle.
- Suitable for beds and as a cut flower.
- Deadhead to encourage blooming.
- This is a great self-seeder and a cottage style garden must have.
- Drought and deer tolerant
- Attracts butterflies and other pollinators
- Seed Count: 25