Coreopsis - Cinnamon (Coreopsis tinctoria 'Cinnamon') Tickseed Dye Wildflower Flower
Perennial (short lived)
Height:2 to 3 ft
Coreopsis, also known as Tickseed is a showy sun loving, low maintenance native perennial with deep red daisy-like long blooming flowers.
A great self seeder!
- Drought tolerant; prefers to grow in poor, sandy or rocky soil.
- Perfect for cutting gardens; deadheading will encourage flowering.
- Good self seeder; let some blooms go to seed to ensure next year’s crop.
- Direct sow after last frost has passed (recommended); sow seeds on surface of the soil or if you can, start indoors 6 weeks before last frost; seeds germinate in 5-25 days. Transplant when seeds are strong enough to handle; spacing 15cm (6″). If starting indoors, maintain soil temperature at 12-21°C (55-70°F) and provide bright light
- Attracts a wide range of beneficial pollinators
- Seed Count: 25