Marigold Crackerjack (Tagetes erecta) Organic Non GMO - Flower
Tagetes erecta, commonly known as Marigold Crackerjack, is a brilliant annual flowering plant that boasts large, eye-catching blooms and a vibrant, cheerful presence in gardens and landscapes. The Crackerjack variety is particularly well-known for its towering, erect stems and densely petaled flowers, which come in shades of orange and yellow. These marigolds not only add visual appeal but also emit a distinctive, pleasant fragrance.
Marigold Crackerjack is a popular choice for garden borders, bedding displays, and as a companion plant to deter garden pests. Its vibrant blooms and easy maintenance make it a favorite among garden enthusiasts.
Marigold Crackerjack's vibrant and bold blossoms make it a wonderful addition to gardens and landscapes. As an annual, it provides a seasonal burst of color, and its companion planting benefits make it a valuable asset to your gardening efforts.
- 1. **Sunlight:** Marigold Crackerjack thrives in full sun, requiring at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight daily for optimal growth and abundant flowering.
- 2. **Soil:** Well-draining, fertile soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH is ideal. Ensure good drainage to prevent waterlogging.
- 3. **Planting:** Sow seeds directly into the garden or plant seedlings after the last frost in the spring. Space them 8-12 inches apart.
- 4. **Watering:** Water consistently but avoid overwatering. Marigolds prefer evenly moist soil and can tolerate short periods of drought once established.
- 5. **Deadheading:** Regularly remove spent flowers to encourage continuous blooming and maintain the plant's appearance.
- 6. **Fertilization:** Use a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer at planting time and, if necessary, during the growing season.
- 7. **Pests and Diseases:** Marigold Crackerjack is relatively hardy but may be susceptible to common garden pests like aphids. It's less prone to disease.
- 8. **Height:** Be mindful of the plant's height, as Marigold Crackerjack can grow quite tall, reaching up to 3 feet.
- 9. **Companion Planting:** Marigold Crackerjack is often used as a companion plant in vegetable gardens to deter nematodes and other pests.
- 10. **Annual Growth:** Marigold Crackerjack is an annual, meaning it completes its life cycle in one growing season. If you wish to enjoy its beauty in subsequent years, you will need to replant or sow new seeds each season.
- Seed count: 25