Cabbage - Savoy Cabbage - (Brassica oleracea var. sabauda L.) Savoy Cabbage Non GMO & Organic Vegetable
Purple Savoy cabbage ( heads are well savoyed aka wrinkled). Also known as purple curly cabbage. This variety has tight round heads with lovely large ribbed and crinkled leaves that are never bitter and boast a sweet, tender flavor. Leaves are purple in colour.
- Heads are well savoyed (wrinkled)
- Keep beans moist
- Seeds should germinate in 7-10 days. When learning how to grow cabbage, sow 3 or 4 seeds per pot, 5mm (¼”) deep, under very bright light. Thin to the strongest plant. Transplant when risk of frost has passed; spacing: 45-60cm (18-24″) apart in rows 60-90cm (24-36″) apart
- Spring cabbage: Sow in July/August; transplant in September/October.
- Summer cabbage: Sow from late February/early March (under cloches or similar cover) until early May; transplant in May/June.
- Winter cabbages: Sow in April/May; transplant in late June/July.
- Seed count: 30