Zinnia - Giant Blue Point (Zinnia elegans) Multicoloured Flower Zinnias Cutting Flowers
Height 3-4 ft
Giant Blue Point Zinnias are excellent for cut flower gardens! This variety produces strong upright stems for cut flowers - has huge dahlia like flowers in double blooms of crimson red, lilac, rose, canary yellow, deep blood red, white and orange.
- This zinnia is the earliest flowering variety and are long blooming and have excellent disease resistance.
- Deadheading and cutting for vases will prolong bloom time.
- Zinnias do not respond well to transplanting; recommend direct sow outdoors after the last frost has passed. If you want to try starting some indoors in coir pots with well draining soil about 6-8 weeks before planting out ensure that a soil temperature of 21-26°C (70-80°F) is maintained. Seeds should germinate in 5-24 days. Best to just cover Zinnia seeds lightly; final spacing of 25-30cm (10-12″) between plants.
- Ideal cutting flower as it has a very long vase life.
- Makes great dried flower arrangements
- Attracts honey, bumble and solitary bees
- Seed Count: 15