Angel’s Trumpet – Brugmansia (Brugmansia suaveolens) White Flower
Height 150 cm or 5 ft
Spectacular tree-like plant that produces gorgeous, drooping and single white elegant trumpet shaped flowers that are highly fragrant at night. Originated in South America and have a history of shamanic ritual use for divination, prophecy and sorcery. Caution: do not eat: hallucinogenic properties.
- Full sun
- Prefers well-draining soil
- Used externally for poultices or ointments for aches, pains, arthritis and rheumatism.
- All parts of this plant are poisonous if used improperly or ingested.
- Prior to sowing, soak seeds for 24-48 hours and then gently remove cork coating. Start seeds indoors in moist potting soil covering seed thinly with soil, water gently. Bottom heat will assist germination. Maintain even moisture. When large enough to handle, transplant seedlings into individual pots. Do not transfer plants outdoors until all danger of frost has passed.
- In colder climates recommend growing as container plant and bring indoors when temperatures drop; store in garage or inside to avoid risk of frost/cold
- Great for container plants for patios, balcony or decks.
- Attracts hummingbirds and moths
- Seed Count: 4