Sunflower - White Italian (Helianthus annuus) Heirloom Italian White Sunflowers Flower
Height: 5 to 7 ft
An especially stunning variety; Italian White has gorgeous 4 inch wide light creamy white blooms with a chocolate brown centre. This is a large seeded variety and a great producer. Excellent as stand alone plants or add to a cottage garden, or borders. Sunflower petals make awesome garnishes, and they can be used in salads! Known for their unique bittersweet taste, they can be used as a compliment to sweeter flavours in your dish.
- Direct sow seeds outdoors ¼ to ½ in deep; leave lots of room at 3ft between plants, or start indoors in a 3 to 4 in pot, with well draining soil, three seeds per pot. Indoor germination usually happens in 6 to 10 days.
- You can enjoy continuous blooms through summer by planting seeds every couple of weeks.
- When the back of the flower head turns yellow, it is ready to be cut from the plant.
- Sunflowers planted close to rows of corn are said to increase yields.
- Attracts bees and birds
- Soak seeds for 24 hours before planting.
- Seed Count: 10