Sunflower - Skyscraper (Helianthus annuus) Sky Scraper Giant 12 ft Tall Non GMO and Organic Sunflowers Flower Organic, non-GMO
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Sunflower - Skyscraper (Helianthus annuus) Sky Scraper Giant Non GMO and Organic Sunflowers Flower
Height 12 ft
Highly Impressive! ‘Skyscraper’ Sunflower is a cultivar of Helianthus annuus known for its tall height and masses of bright flowers. One of the larger sunflower varieties - grows up to 12 ft tall and bears heavy yields of bright yellow flowers that are up to 14 in across, and sports fabulous dark green foliage.
Skyscrapers also produce the largest edible and tasty sunflower seeds! Seed hull colors range from bright white with gray stripes to light and dark grays. These tall and large plants benefit from staking and grow well beside a wall or fence line.
- Full sun
- Direct sow seeds, make a small indentation in the soil with your finger. Place 2-3 seeds in the indentation and cover with soil. The seeds should be about 1/2 in deep. If you don’t have many seeds, just put one seed in each hole. Sunflowers can be planted as close as 18 in apart, but you may want to leave several feet between each plant.
- Can be sown as late as 100 days before last frost.
- OR start seeds indoors 3-4 weeks before the last frost; transplant outdoors when seedlings are strong enough to handle and all risk of frost have passed
- water well and keep the soil moist until the seeds germinate.
- Spacing: 18-24 in apart.
- Germinates in 7-10 days
- Matures 70-75 days after planting.
- plants may need to be topped off, or pinched out, to encourage branching and prevent the plant from becoming too top heavy. To do this, simply snip off the growing tip of the plant when it is about 18 in tall.
- Seed Count: 15 seeds