Sunflower (Helianthus annuus cv. Teddy Bear Asterales: Asteraceae) Teddy Bear Dwarf Sunflowers seeds
Height 3 ft
‘Teddy Bear’ sunflowers are a dwarf cultivar of Helianthus annuus, these annuals display puffy, double-petaled blooms that are approximately 5 to 6 inches across.
- Start indoors 4 weeks prior to last frost; takes 7-14 days to germinate at 70-75°F (21-24°C). transplant into garden when all risk of frost has passed.
- OR sow direct: after risk of frost has passed, sow direct in groups of 3-4 seeds, 1/2" deep and once true leaves appear you can thin to one plant; can be transplanted to another area.
- Transplanting — sow seedlings in final container, placing 1 seed per 6" pot or 3 seeds per gallon container.
- Each seed sends up one thick central stalk that branches into multiple double blooms, and reaches a mature height of just two to four feet tall. Blooms for five weeks, usually starting from around 75 days after direct sowing, and provide color for the rest of the summer.
- Bloom time: 5 - 6 weeks
- Pollinators love this flower!
- Soak seeds for 24 hours before planting.
- Seed Count: 15 seeds