Lavender - Spike Lavender (Lavandula latifolia Medik.) Mediterranean Broadleaved Lavender Portugese Lavender Herb
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Lavender - Spike Lavender – (Lavandula latifolia Medik.) Mediterranean Broadleaved Lavender Portugese Lavender Herb
Height: 35-60 cm 30 in
Spike Lavender is an intensely aromatic shrub. It has an extremely strong scent and is grown specifically for its high yielding source of camphorous essential oil; it has a much spicier aroma than most other lavender varieties. Plants have low woody domed growth habit with long stems that branch out forming a trident topped with violet blue flower spikes
- Native to the western Mediterranean region from central Portugal to northern Italy through to Spain and southern France.
- Spike lavender grows naturally at higher altitudes which accounts for its glorious and stronger scent
- Flowers mid July to August
- Prefers sunny spot with well draining soil
- Direct seed in spring or fall or start indoors 8 weeks before last frost. Cover seed; spacing 50 cm
- When to Sow: Spring/Anytime
- Attracts bees; fragrant plant has both pollen and nectar to feed the bees.
- Seed count: 50