Spicy Mesclun Italian Mix Greens (Mesclun Italica Sapidum) Organic Greens
Mesclun Italica Sapidum, commonly known as Spicy Mesclun Italian Mixed Greens, is a delightful blend of organic salad greens that brings a taste of Italy to your garden and plate. This mix includes a variety of flavors, colors, and textures, making it a culinary delight for salad lovers. You can expect a medley of arugula, mizuna, mustard greens, and other spicy greens that create a harmonious balance of heat and zest.
- 1. **Location:** Plant your Spicy Mesclun Italian Mixed Greens in a location that receives partial to full sun. These greens thrive in well-drained, fertile soil.
- 2. **Sowing:** Sow the seeds directly into the garden or containers in early spring or late summer for a fall harvest. Make shallow furrows or scatter the seeds evenly.
- 3. **Spacing:** Leave about 6 inches between rows and thin the seedlings to 3-4 inches apart once they reach a few inches in height.
- 4. **Watering:** Keep the soil consistently moist, but avoid overwatering. Water at the base of the plants to prevent fungal diseases.
- 5. **Fertilizing:** Use a balanced organic fertilizer to provide essential nutrients. Follow the recommended dosage on the product label.
- 6. **Harvesting:** Begin harvesting when the greens are about 4-6 inches tall, typically 3-4 weeks after planting. You can use scissors to snip the leaves, allowing the plants to continue growing for additional harvests.
- 7. **Culinary Uses:** Spicy Mesclun Italian Mixed Greens add a zesty, peppery flavor to salads and sandwiches. Their vibrant colors and textures make them an excellent addition to any culinary creation.
- 8. **Pest and Disease Control:** Keep an eye out for common garden pests like aphids and caterpillars. Use organic pest control methods if necessary. These greens are generally resistant to many diseases.
- By following these growing instructions, you'll be able to cultivate a bountiful supply of Spicy Mesclun Italian Mixed Greens that will add a delicious and spicy twist to your homegrown salads. Enjoy the fresh, bold flavors of Italy right in your own garden!
- Seed count: 2 grams