Radish - White Icicle (Raphanus sativus) Non GMO & Organic Heirloom Daikon Vegetable
Excellent unique heirloom variety produces 20-30 cm (4-6 in) radishes with uniform roots that taper to a point. Used for its white skin, white flesh and mild flavour; delicious white flesh stays crisp. Radish greens can also be eaten
- Cool weather crop.
- Radish can be started indoors, but like most root crops they are difficult to transplant to the garden with success. Use larger deep pots so as not disturb roots and plant the whole pot load without disturbing roots.
- Direct sowing: Recommended. Sow outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked and danger of frost has passed; plant seeds .5 cm deep; germinates in 7 days. Thin seedlings if necessary.
- Matures in 75 days.
- Optimum soil temperature to grow radishes is 50° to 75°F (10-24°C).
- Make several plantings 10 days apart starting in early spring until the weather becomes hot; may be sown again when the weather cools for a fall crop
- Prefers sun to part shade with moist, well draining soil
- Great for Miso soup
- This variety tolerates higher temperatures better than spring radishes and can often be sown into early summer.
- Seed count: 1 gr