Pincushion - Sweet Scabios Mix (Scabiosa Atropurpurea) Sweet Scabios Double Blooms Mixed Colours Scabiosa Flowers
Height: 90 cm
One of the most beautiful and interesting small flowers available to gardeners is scabiosa, also known as pincushion flowers, and also known as Scabiosa. Plants produce a profusion of lavender, pink, red, yellow and white double flower blooms from midsummer to frost. Tall stems supports the hundreds of honey scented florets that produce the rounded pincushion effect. Excellent choice for cottage gardens as the tall stems pop colours through the mid height plants making a great display! Also a great choice for cut flowers, borders or meadow gardens.
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Deadhead to keep flowers coming
- Direct sow in mid spring or start indoors 6 weeks before last frost and transplant when seedling are strong enough to be handled;
- Spacing: 30cm.
- Cover seeds and water lightly.
- Germinates at 18C in 10-12 days
- Attracts butterflies and bees
- Seed Count: 1 gr