Nigella Sativa (Nigella Sativa) Love In A Mist Kalonji Black Seed Roman Coriander Medicinal Herb
Height: up to 45 cm
Also known as black cumin, black seed, black caraway, roman coriander, kalonji, or fennel flower and seeds are edible; commonly featured in Indian dals and Russian rye bread.
Nigella sativa is a medicinal herb native to the eastern Mediterranean, northern Africa, southwest Asia, and the Indian subcontinent. Used in cooking, it is better known for its centuries old use in traditional medicine. Aromatic black seeds resemble fennel in aroma and taste something like peppery nutmeg.
- Seeds can be ground and used like black pepper.
- Also known as Love in A Mist; robust and large-flowered variety with stunning blue or white blooms and masses of fine lacy foliage that provide airy net-like baskets for the flowers; intriguing striped seed pods balloon out and dry well.
- Direct sow after last frost; spacing 30 cm.
- Will re-seed; poor soil not a problem
- Attracts bees and other pollinators
- Seed Count: 1/2 gr