Mustard - Southern Giant Curled Mustard (Brassica juncea) Curled Mustard Greens Organic Non GMO Vegetable Heirloom Herb
Height 24 in
Southern Giant packs a full-bodied mustard punch!
This variety is a tall and upright plant that produces long lasting bright green frilly leaves; flavour is milder when the leaves are young. Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Full sun to part shade
- low maintenance; grow rapidly in cool weather
- Maturity: 60 days; sprouts in 5-8 days
- Direct sow recommended; plant seeds 1/4 in deep, keep rows about 10 - 12 in apart
- for a continuous harvest plant every 2 weeks
- Fall planting: plant seeds 10 weeks before first frost date
- Harvest the entire plant or individual leaves for continuous harvest
- baby greens: pick the leaves when they reach 4-5 in
- avoid yellow tinged leaves
- Keep greens in the fridge 3-4 days
- Freeze well when blanched
- Never plant mustard near soybeans, sunflowers or beans as each can spread downy mildew, white rust and leaf spots.
- Seed Count: 1 gr