Mustard - Giant Scarlet Red Mustard (Brassica juncea) Giant Red Mustard Non GMO & Organic Mustard Green Vegetable Herb
Height 1.5 ft
This variety is known as (Japanese) Giant Red Mustard; this is a robust mustard green plant that produces incredibly tasty purple red leaves with an almost garlic like mustard flavor punch. Big bold maroon leaves have lime green veins are as delicious as they are ornamental in the garden or a container
- Mustard greens are easy crops to grow if planted in early spring or late summer
- best to direct sow
- leaves, when young, can be eaten raw as the flavour is milder than larger leaves.
- seeds can be planted into early fall (October) or early spring, to harvest as small leaves every few days.
- slow to bolt
- for larger plants, recommended to thin to 20-30cm (8-12") apart in the row.
- This mustard variety makes excellent microgreen; harvest 2-3 weeks after sowing.
- Seed Count: 1 gram