Allegheny - Monkey Flower (Erythranthe guttatas) Mimulus Mix Seep Monkeyflower Wildflowers Flower
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Allegheny - Monkey Flower (Erythranthe guttata) Mimulus Mix Seep Monkeyflower Wildflowers Flower
Height 30 cm (12")
Absolutely stunning! Mimulus is a species of monkeyflower known by the common names Allegheny monkey flower and square-stemmed monkey flower. It is native to eastern and central North America and to the Pacific coast of the United States, excluding Mexico and the arid American Southwest. This variety makes a colourful addition to any garden!
Prefers moist and wet conditions such as marshes, stream banks and wet areas for continuous blooms. Bees love it!
- Blooms spring to Fall
- Full sun to part shade but not in areas with prolonged midday sun
- Start seeds indoors about 10 weeks before the last front; place in clear plastic bags in the fridge to stratify seeds. When you bring the seed trays out of the refrigerator, place them in a location with temperatures between 21-24 C. and provide plenty of bright light; remove the seed trays from the bag as soon as the seeds germinate.
- Direct sow outdoors: plant them in late winter and let the cold winter temperatures chill the seeds for you. The seeds need light to germinate, so don’t cover them with soil.
- Keep soil moist; recommended for pots and shade.
- Attracts beneficial insects, pollinators and hummingbirds
- Seed Count: 10