Cilantro - Leisure (Coriandrum Sativum) Leisure Cilantro Non GMO & Organic - Leisure Cilantro Herb
Height: 12-18 in
Cilantro is the spanish name for coriander leaves; the dried seeds of the plant are called coriander. This is an excellent choice for fresh cilantro; also known as Chinese Parsley or Mexican Parsley. This variety is a high yielding commercial variety with attractive glossy green leaves, uniform growth habit, and consistent quality.
- Tolerates summer heat well and is bolt-resistant.
- Ready for harvest in 28 to 80 days depending on the season.
- This variety is also used for sprouting.
- Soak seeds in water for 24-48 hours prior to planting
- Start seeds indoors about 3 weeks before the last frost date if you need however it is recommended to direct sow
- Direct sow in spring. late summer or early fall; spacing 2 – 4 in and keep soil moist
- Seeds mature in 45-70 days; harvest leaves once the plants have become established and before flowering begins.
- Mature seeds are produced about 3 months after planting and are harvested when dry on the plant.
- Some herbs, like cilantro, fennel and dill, produce very small blossoms that attract very small bees. Fennel and dill may serve as host plants for black swallowtail caterpillars
- Attracts: if left to bloom, cilantro flowers will attract hoverflies and other beneficial insects that prey on bad bugs; supports natural pest control in your garden.
- 1 gr