Kohlrabi - Konan Kossak (Brassica oleracea )(Gongylodes Group) Kohl Rabi German Turnip Organic Vegetable
Kohlrabi or Kohl Rabi is a delectable cabbage flavoured cruciferous vegetable similar to cabbage, kale and broccoli, and it comes into season in the summertime. Kohlrabi is also known as german turnip or cabbage turnip. This variety of Kohlrabi, Konan F1, is a hybrid; it has smooth globe shaped bulbs that grow up to 6 in in diameter, and we chose it because it is a great choice for first-time kohlrabi growers.
Plants produce smooth, globe-shaped bulbs that can grow up to 6 inches in diameter and are a good upright size and shape for container gardening and garden plots. Upright, uniform leaves are insect resistant resist which help keep plants healthier all season long. The flavorful bulb has a sweet taste and an excellent texture.
- Sow indoors 2 weeks before last frost.
- Transplant kohlrabi seedlings outdoors when the seedlings are strong enough to handle. If planting as a fall crop, direct sow seeds around 90 days before the first frost date.
- Spacing: Sow seeds ¼ in deep; row spacing 18 in apart and plants approximately 6 to 9 in apart.
- Bulbs grow above ground. The purple skin and white flesh can be eaten cooked or raw. Leaves of kohlrabi are edible and similar in taste to kale.
- Sowing time until harvest is 50 days approximately.
- Seed Count: 20