Lemongrass, Indian Lemongrass – Malabar (Cymbopogon Flexuosus) Malabar Cybopogon Indian Lemon Grass Herb
Height: 60-90 cm
Fast growing fragrant herb tastes and smells of lemons; best used fresh. Cut the top leafy portions off and crush for teas; used the bottom part of the stalk for food flavouring.
- Full sun
- Prefers rich well draining soil
- Start seeds indoors in March; transplant into containers when they are 7 cm tall and set out in early June.
- Germinates @ 8 C; naturally low in germination because of imperfect pollination. This is a challenge to grow; moisture is key until well established.
- Great for containers; bring inside before first frost to continue harvesting during the winter.
- Attracts bees; lemongrass is very similar to the queen bee's scent.
- Seed Count: 20