Hummingbird mix - Non GMO Open pollinated - Flower Mix
Our Hummingbird Mix is a carefully curated assortment of vibrant flowering plants that are chosen for their ability to attract and nourish one of nature's most enchanting creatures, the hummingbird. This blend usually comprises an array of colorful, nectar-rich blossoms that serve as a vital food source for these small, iridescent birds. When in bloom, these flowers create a captivating display of colors and fragrances that beckon hummingbirds to your garden, offering a delightful spectacle of nature's beauty.
- 1. **Select a Sunny Location:** Choose a sunny spot in your garden, balcony, or yard, as most of the flowers in a hummingbird mix thrive in bright sunlight. Hummingbirds are more likely to visit your garden when it's bathed in sunshine.
- 2. **Prepare the Soil:** Ensure your soil is well-draining and rich in organic matter. Incorporate compost or well-rotted manure to improve soil fertility and moisture retention. Well-prepared soil promotes healthy plant growth.
- 3. **Sow Seeds:** Scatter the hummingbird mix seeds evenly over the prepared soil surface. Lightly press the seeds into the soil to ensure good soil contact. The recommended planting depth may vary depending on the specific flower varieties in your mix, so follow the instructions on the seed packet.
- 4. **Watering:** Keep the soil consistently moist during the germination period, which is crucial for seedling growth. Be cautious not to overwater, as this can lead to seed rot. Once the plants are established, reduce watering frequency, allowing the soil to dry slightly between waterings.
- 5. **Thinning:** As the plants grow, you may need to thin them to provide adequate space for healthy development. Follow spacing guidelines specific to each flower variety to prevent overcrowding.
- 6. **Fertilization:** Many wildflowers in hummingbird mixes do not require frequent fertilization. However, if your soil lacks nutrients, you can apply a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer sparingly according to the package instructions.
- 7. **Maintenance:** Regularly remove weeds and deadhead spent flowers to encourage continuous blooming and to prevent self-seeding that could disrupt the mix's balance.
- Seed Count: 1 gram
- 8. **Enjoy the Visitors:** Once your hummingbird mix is in full bloom, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling array of colors and the delightful presence of hummingbirds, which will be drawn to the nectar-rich flowers for feeding.