Hummingbird Mint - Orange Hyssop (Agastache aurantiaca) Apricot Agastache NonGMO Organic Herb
Height 20 in to 3 ft
Agastache, also known as Hummingbird Mint and Hyssop, is a fragrant and long-blooming perennial. These are this year's 'must have' plants if you are looking to attract hummingbirds and impress your gardening friends! Perfect for water-wise landscapes that experience periodic droughts, and they are deer and rabbit resistant.
Apricot Sprite provides a stunning bright peachy orange flowers during mid-to-late summer, and has a brilliant fragrance. Makes a great container plant and perfect for cottage gardens, borders and as a stand alone feature or hedge. Anise scented leaves can be used to make tea.
- Full sun
- Soil: well-draining soil and especially won’t tolerate wet feet during the winter
- Start seeds indoors about 5 weeks prior to last frost. Sow seeds just below the surface of the soil in, and keep the soil at a temperature of 65-70 degrees F. Keep the soil lightly moist with a spray bottle or careful watering
- Germinates within 2 to 3 weeks, and the germination rate is naturally low; sow more than you need.
- OR direct sow - after all risk of frost has passed, plant seeds, approx 1/8 in deep, when the soil has warmed - keep moist.
- Avoid overhead watering once seedlings emerge. sage can be grown in ground or in containers.
- Seed Count: 15