Spinach - Giant Winter (Spinacia oleracea) Cold Hardy Spinach Non GMO & Organic Vegetable
Height 20 in
Excellent succulent edible dark green glossy leaves Spinach does best in well-drained soil rich in organic matter and will tolerate partial shade.
- Direct sow seeds outdoors after risk of frost has passed; sow seeds 1cm (1/2in) deep, 10 seeds per 30cm (12in), in rows 30-45cm (12 to 18in ) apart. Thin to at least 5-8 cm (2-3″) between plants, or further if you want larger leaves. If you use the closer spacing, thin when the leaves touch, when the plants are about 2″ tall, using the tender leaves for salad greens.
- Optimal soil temperature: 5 to 20°C (45 to 70°F).
- Germinates in 7 to 14 days.
- OR start seeds indoors; lightly pre-moisten the soil and fill the container. Sow seeds 1 in deep (2.5 cm). For faster germination, place the container in a warm location and cover with plastic. Remove the plastic once per day to let excess moisture escape and prevent damping off. Keep the container lightly moist by misting. Transplant seedlings outdoors when all risk of frost has passed.
- Selected for cold hardiness.
- Seed Count: 1/4 gr