Foxglove - Pink (Digitalis purpurea) Open Pollinated Pink Foxgloves Heirloom Flower
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Foxglove - Pink (Digitalis purpurea) Open Pollinated Pink Foxgloves Flower
Height: 1.2 M
Gorgeous! And bees absolutely love these...you can find bumble bees sleeping in the bell shaped flowers! Perfect for cut flowers and the quintessential cottage garden.
- Horizontally held freckled bell shaped flowers ranging in colors from fuschia pink to light pink.
- Direct seed in June; blooms in the second summer after it is seeded, or start indoors and transplant seedlings after all risk of frost has passed. Allow for space 24 inches apart. Staking required.
- Use at the back of mixed borders
- Prefers a rich, well-drained soil
- Sun to part shade
- Does not like wet soil
- Deadheading will encourage re-blooms, and restrain it from spreading its seed and popping up as a lovely but very unwelcome guest in pastures and hayfields.
- Harvest and save the seed - you will not have to buy more!
- Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds from early to mid-summer.
- Seed Count: 100