Fleabane - Blue Erigeron (Erigeron speciosus) Azure Blue Fairy Fleabane Daisy Flower
Height: 28 in
Grow this beautiful, yet hardy perennial from Lavender coloured Erigeron seeds for your garden! Once it is established, it is carefree. It gives lots of blooms, and it will bring in the butterflies. Large semi-double lavender daisy-like flowers with yellow centres are produced all summer. Erigeron is also known as Showy Daisy, Aspen Fleabane and Fleabane Daisy.
Erigeron is a hardy perennial that will tolerate dry weather. It will re-bloom if cut back after flowering which will greatly increase the blooming season. Cut back the stems to ground level in early spring. Divide large clumps every 2 to 3 years, discarding the woody crowns.
Fleabane leaves contain caffeic acid, which has been shown to have antioxidant and neuroprotective properties. Fleabane, like many other asters, have also been used historically for their medicinal properties. Native American tribes found a variety of uses for the plant as an astringent, diuretic, and expectorant
- Full sun or part shade
- Well-draining soil
- Blooms Summer through fall
- Deer Resistant: Yes
- Temperature: 60F
- Average Germ Time: 14 to 30 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Do not cover
- Sowing Rate: 4 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seed moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 to 24 in
- Care & Maintenance: Erigeron - Grow in fertile, well-drained soil that does not dry out in summer, in full sun with some midday shade. The smaller alpine species need sharp drainage and protection from excessive winter wet. Most taller species and hybrids need staking. Dead-head regularly to encourage further flowering. Cut back to ground level in autumn to maintain neat growth. Divide every 2 to 3 years in late spring, and discard the woody crowns.
- Seed Count: 10