Fennel - Sweet Romanesco (Foeniculum vulgare) Sweet Romanesco Fennel Non GMO Open Pollinated & Organic Heirloom Herb
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Romanesco (Foeniculum vulgare) Sweet Romanesco Fennel Non GMO Open Pollinated & Organic Heirloom Herb
Height up to 6 ft
- This variety has big round bulbs weighing between 500 g and a massive 1kg.
- Mild anise or licorice flavour that can be enhanced or sweetened depending on how it is cooked
- full sun
- Use as a flavouring agent, a scent or herbal remedies for stomach conditions
- High bolting resistance
- Large flat white bulbs
- Sow seeds 1cm (½”) deep, a few seeds in each spot you want a plant to grow. Thin or space to 30 cm (12″) apart. Grow fennel in a sunny position in well-drained loamy soil. If your soil is on the clay side, add some sharp sand to the bed.
- Not recommended as a companion plant for bush beans, kohlrabi and tomatoes.
- Best grown for late cropping.
- Gorgeous airy foliage - grow fennel as a feature in your garden!
- Harvest the fronds by clipping off the top portion to encourage more growth once the plant is established
- attracts pollinators especially bees and ladybugs
- Seed Count: 50