Evening Primrose - Showy - Pink Ladies (Oenothera speciosa Nutt) Pink Buttercups Showy Evening Primrose Herb
Height: 1 - 1.5 ft
This variety is an upright to sprawling full sun ground cover that is also known as Pink Ladies, Pink Evening Primrose, Showy Evening Primrose, Mexican Evening Primrose and Pink Buttercups. Wonderful showy, delicate textured and cup like 2 in pink blooms open in the daytime, in the morning, and they close at night. Attracts bees and bird pollinators from spring to mid summer. Cook as greens or use in salads-best flavor when collected before flowering. Excellent for native bees.
- Drought tolerant and will grow in almost any soil.
- Rich soil will increase foliage but decrease flowering.
- Prefers full sun; shade is tolerated but will not flower
- Soil: not fussy
- Direct seed in autumn or early spring. Rake into topsoil. Cover seed lightly and water in lightly; keep soil moist until established.
- OR start indoors 10 weeks before last frost. Cover seed. Germinate @ 20C. and transplant seedlings outdoors when risk of frost has passed
- Attracts bees and birds
- Naturally sprawling ground cover
- deer resistant
- great for rock gardens and underplanting
- Seed Count: 1/2 gr