Primrose Prairie Evening - Sundrops (Oenothera lamarckiana) Yellow Suncups Wildflowers Evening Primrose Flower
Shipping calculated at checkout.
rimrose Prairie Evening - Sundrops (Oenothera lamarckiana) Yellow Suncups Wildflowers Evening Primrose Flower
Height: up to 4 ft
Gorgeous! This plant has lance-leaf foliage and golden yellow cup-like flowers that open at dusk; it wafts an incredible perfume that attracts nighttime pollinators (like hawk moths) from mid summer to mid fall. This wildflower is a must for your garden if you like a showy stand alone plant or cottage gardens. Excellent for borders too! Drought tolerant and will grow in almost any soil - rich soil will increase foliage but decrease flowering.
- Prefers sun to part shade
- Soil: not fussy ( see note above)
- Direct seed in autumn or early spring. Cover seed lightly
- OR start indoors 10 weeks before last frost. Press seed into soil to create contact; cover lightly. Transplant seedlings outdoors when risk of frost has passed
- Attracts hawk moths and bees.
- Evening primroses also interact with a special group of insects, the parasitic moths, whose caterpillars eat flowers and seeds.
- Naturally thrives in open meadows
- Seed Count: 1 gr