Echinacea - Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) Purple Cone Flower Non GMO & Organic Flower
Height 60-150cm, 2.5 ft
Echinacea (purple), also known as purple coneflower, is the most commonly grown variety, not as medicinally active as angustifolia variety - but faster growing, easier to germinate and longer living (up to 10-20 years) vs the 10 year lifespan of the angustifolia.
- Magnificent 10 cm reddish purple daisies with bristly orange cone centres
- Ideal for cut flowers
- Full sun
- Dry to medium well drained soil
- Blooms appear from July to September.
- Drought tolerant.
- Leave seed heads for the birds
- Direct seed in early spring or fall; spacing 60 cm
- OR start indoors 8-10 weeks before last frost. Cover seed slightly and germinate in the dark @22 C. Transplant seedlings after all risk of frost has passed.
- Attracts bees, birds and butterflies; bees forage on both the nectar and the pollen. Blooms for a long period during mid-summer to fall, providing many months of nectar for the pollinators
- Seed Count: 1 gr