Zucchini - Black Beauty (Cucurbita pepo) Zucchini Courgette Baby Marrow Summer Squash Heirloom Vegetable
This zucchini variety is a most popular and most versatile squash; plants produce cylindrical fruit 15–18 cm (6-7") in length. Can be sown again mid summer for a fall harvest. Can be sown again mid summer for a fall harvest.
- Start seeds indoors in pots filled with seed starting mix. Plant seeds ½ to 1 in deep.
- Seeds germinate in 7 to 10 days at 85°F (29°C) or warmer.
- Transplant zucchini summer squash into the garden after the soil has warmed to at least 70°F (21°C) and the seedlings are strong enough to handle.
- Direct seed 3 seeds in each spot you want a plant to grow and thin to the strongest one. Aim to space zucchinis no less than 45-60cm (18-24″) apart in rows 90-120cm (36-48″) apart
- Very easy to grow
- Harvest: 50 days as blossom falls; regular harvesting will increase yield
- Use a trellis for vertical growing - ensure it is robust enough to support the weight of the vine and fruits.
- Seed count: 5