Cosmidium - Brunette (Cosmidium Burridgeanum Brunette) Burridge's Greenthread Heirloom Flower
Height 18 to 24 in
Cosmidium resembles a coreopsis; this variety is a prolific bloomer and makes an excellent choice for borders and for use as cut flowers. Cosmidium burridgeanum is also known as Burridge's Greenthread and Thelesperma burridgeanum. A care-free favorite since the 19th century, Brunette cosmidium produces strikingly colorful flowers ringed in golden yellows with contrasting reddish chocolate colored centers, and has airy, fern-like foliage. Blooms from June until October.
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Direct sow in early spring under cover into prepared seedbeds with moistened fine soil. Rake seed in. Press into soil by walking over the area. Keep moist until germination.
- OR start seeds indoors 4 to 6 weeks prior to last frost date. Sow on moist fine soil and lightly cover with vermiculite. Plant out after all risk of frost has passed.
- Germination in 7 to 14 days at 15-20 C (59-68 F). Do not exclude light during germination.
- Spacing: 18 in apart
- Deadhead to encourage continuous blooming
- Harvest seeds when blooms have expired and dried
- Seed Count: 25