Cornflower Black Ball (Centaurea cyanus) Black Balls Bachelor Button Rare Heirloom Wildflower Flower Seeds
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Cornflower Bachelor Button Black Boy (Centaurea cyanus) Black Ball Centaurea Heirloom Wildflower Flower Seeds
Height: 40 to 60 cm or 3 to 3.5 in tall
This variety of Cornflower, also known as Bachelor Button, is a rare find! A fantastic deep shade of black and a wonderful addition to any wildflower or meadow garden. This heirloom variety originated in Britain and Europe. Also known as Black Bachelor Buttons
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Blooms early summer to fall.
- Propagation: Direct seed (preferred method) in fall or early spring.
- Can be started indoors 6 weeks before last frost; sow seeds 1/8 in deep; transplant to garden when soil is warm and seedlings are strong enough to handle.
- Suitable for beds and as a cut flower.
- Add these beauties to one or to a combination of orange, blue, purple, pink, yellow, red and white flowers for an incredible show.
- Deadhead to encourage blooming.
- This is a great self-seeder and a cottage style garden must have.
- Drought and deer tolerant
- Attracts butterflies and other pollinators
- Seed Count: 25