Cornflower Blue Boy ( Centaurea cyanus) Blue Boy Batchelor Button Corn Flowers
Height up to 3 ft
Cornflower, also known as Bachelor Buttons, are grown on breezy tall stems that sprout brilliant blue blossoms from late spring into the summer.
- Suitable for containers, beds and great for cutting gardens and drying.
- Deadhead occasionally
- Will self seed generously
- Was once used in the 17th century to sharpen eyesight as well as resolve pain and inflammation, which is why it is found in natural eye drops.
- Full sun to part shade
- Prefers well draining soils
- Direct seed in early spring, cover seed slightly or start indoors; spacing 20-30 cm
- Germinate in dark @20C and set out after danger of frost has passed
- Attracts: perfect for butterfly gardens as it is a magnet for pollinators!
- Seed Count: 30