Coreopsis Flower (Coreopsis tinctoria) Tickseed Flowers North American Native Flower
Height: 100 cm
Coreopsis, also known as Tickseed ( don't let that name turn you off) is a showy sun loving, low maintenance native perennial with daisy-like 60cm bicoloured long blooming flowers. Great self seeder!
- Ranges in colour from bright yellows to rich browny reds
- Drought tolerant; prefers to grow in poor, sandy or rocky soil.
- Perfect for cutting gardens; deadheading will encourage flowering.
- Good self seeder; let some blooms go to seed to ensure next year’s crop.
- Direct sow after last frost has passed (recommended); sow seeds on surface of the soil or if you can, start indoors 6 weeks before last frost; seeds germinate in 5-25 days. Transplant when seeds are strong enough to handle; spacing 15cm (6″). If starting indoors, maintain soil temperature at 12-21°C (55-70°F) and provide bright light
- Attracts a wide range of beneficial pollinators
- Seed Count: 1 gr