Clarkia - Godetia - Double Mixed (Clarkia amoena) Elegant Clarkia Wildflowers Godetia Heirloom Flower
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Clarkia Elegant Godetia (Clarkia amoena) Elegant Clarkia Wildflowers Godetia Heirloom Flower
Height- 6-12 in
Clarkia (formerly known as Godetia amoena), is also known as mountain garland; this quaint little wildflower has 1 in wide blooms that resemble hollyhocks, blooms from summer to fall, and has showy large petaled spidery blooms in a mix of pink and lavender double blossoms. A wildflower staple for informal cottage gardens and cutting flower gardens
- Prefers well-draining soil in semi-shade; grows well in wide range of conditions however plant where afternoon shade is available in very hot/humid climates
- Not great for transplanting; direct sow recommended
- Sow indoors: 4 weeks before last frost date; one inch apart, cover very lightly, provide a strong source of light to germinate; plant seedlings outdoors 6 inch apart when risk of frost is past.
- Direct sow as soon as ground can be worked; sow seeds 1 inch apart, cover lightly (1/8 in deep) keep soil moist until seeds appear.
- In climates where the ground doesn’t freeze: sow seeds late fall for spring blooms.
- Germinates at 18 C
- Great for cutting flower and pollinator gardens and/or borders
- Attracts butterflies, bees and hummingbirds
- Seed count: 25