Cauliflower - Snowball (Brassica Oleracea - Botrytis ‘Snowball’) Snowball Cauliflower non GMO & Organic Heirloom Vegetable
This is fantastic variety - pure white in colour and is very popular; first introduced in 1888, Snow ball has a short stem with round compact head.
- Well protected and is pure white in colour, approximately 0.9 – 1.2 kg (2-3lb) in weight.
- Sow indoors 6 weeks before last frost; plant seeds 1 cm (1/2") deep in trays. Cover seed lightly. Germinate @ 20C. When the seedlings are strong enough to handle you can move them permanently outdoors two weeks before your last frost date into large containers or the garden.
- Place each seedling 40 cm apart.
- If you're starting outdoors, sow cauliflower seeds 1 cm (1/2") deep and 60 cm (24") apart in rows 90 cm (3 ft) apart
- Prefers full sun with moist well draining soil
- Hardy variety well suited for open field growing
- To keep heads white, tie leaves over heads when they are 8cm. Matures 64 days after setting out
- Seed Count: 20