Catmint (Nepeta cataria) Cat Mint Nepeta Cat Wort Field Balm Heirloom Herb
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Catmint (Nepeta cataria) Cat Mint Nepeta Heirloom Herb
Height 3 ft
Cats adore this mint. And honeybee and bumble bee pollinators are highly attracted to catmint plants.
- has calming effects: dried leaves can be brewed into a relaxing bedtime tea.
- have been used as a traditional cold and flu remedy.
- also known to be a carminative and antispasmotic used to aid digestion.
- has diaphoretic properties that can be useful for fevers.
- essential oils has been studied as an insect repellent
Part of the mint family, catmint grows and spread fast! Deer and pest resistant.
- Full sun
- well drained soil.
- Soak catnip seed in water overnight prior to sowing.
- Sow seed in cell packs or flats, press into soil and lightly cover.
- Keep at 60°F., germination is staggered, over a period of 14-40 days.
- OR direct sow catnip seeds into prepared seed beds, when a light frost is still possible.
- Seed Count: 25