Carrot - Kuroda (Daucus carota subsp. Sativus) Non GMO Carrots Heirloom Vegetable
Extremely popular Asian Chantenay-type carrot variety that produces sweet, flavorful, bright orange carrots that grow 13-15 cm (5-6") long with wide shoulders. This carrot variety does well in a wide range of soil types and is an excellent choice for eating, juicing, freezing, canning and pickling. A good storage variety. Uniform soil moisture is essential in producing crisp, sweet carrots.
- Start seeds indoors if you have a short growing period; use peat free bio-degradable pots so as to not disturb roots as carrots typically do not transplant very well, recommended to be directly sown.
- Sow 10-12 seeds every 10 cm; thinning seedlings: 2-5 cm apart
- OR direct Sow 2 to 4 weeks before the last spring frost until midsummer or 90 days before the first fall frost.
- Planting Depth: 1 cm
- Row Spacing: 45-60 cm
- Germinates in 7-21 days; Optimal Soil Temperature: 22-28°C
- Keep soil moist so it doesn't crust before the seedlings emerge.
- Harvest: anytime after they reach the desired size. Sow every 3 weeks for a continuous supply.
- Storage: cover unwashed carrots with sand and keep them in a dark, cool, well-ventilated area for up to 6 months.
- Seed Count: 1/2 gr