Nasturtium - Canary Bird Vine - (Tropaeolum peregrinum) Canary Bird Vine Creeper Heirloom Flower Vine
Height 3-4.5 m (10-15’)
This variety is related to the nasturtium family, and is a graceful fast growing climber that blooms from July to October. Blooms are a rich canary yellow colour and the foliage is finely cut...from a distance, the vine appears to be covered in miniature canary birds!
- Start indoors in pots 4 - 6 weeks before last frost or direct sow after last frost
- Sow seed in pots ¼ inch deep
- Germinates at 18-23 C most seeds germinate in 6-8 weeks
- Direct Sowing: before sowing, scratch seed coat using a sheet of sandpaper and soak in water for 72 hours; change water daily.
- Prefers well-draining soil; best for poor dry soils not rich fertile soils
- Part sun/part shade; will not tolerate full midday sun
- Good climber; needs trellis or fence or good for sloping areas
- Seed Count: 6