Calendula – (calendula officinalis)
Height: 45 cm
Gorgeous intense orange color and always a cheery flower to brighten up the garden all season long. Calendulas are also known as pot marigold, common marigold, ruddles or scotch marigold and is a member of the daisy family Asteraceae. This flower is a huge producer of seeds. You will never have to buy Calendula seeds again if you harvest your own.
- Quick to bloom; the dazzling gold coloured double and single flowers bloom summer to very late fall
- These are one of the easiest to grow and hardiest plants in the garden.
- Frost and drought tolerant.
- A great self seeder.
- Prefers full sun to half shade and not fussy on soil conditions
- Can be started indoors under grow lights 6 - 8 weeks before the last frost or directly seeded outdoors in early spring when a light frost is still possible. Seeds germinate in 5-15 days. Cover seeds. Will survive repeated light frosts.
- Attracts bees, butterflies, and other beneficial insects.
- This flower is phenomenal for the west coast - still going strong in December!
- 1 gram