Cabbage - Chinese Napa Wa Wa Tsai (Brassica rapa, Pekinensis) Non GMO & Organic Vegetable
This variety is the earliest and most true mini Napa cabbage. Wa Wa Tsai has smaller heads averaging about 22 oz. and reaches 9 inches tall by 5 in wide; it has a small oblong barrel shaped dense head with a sweet, tender crunch. Great choice for single servings and dense planting in smallish garden spaces. Tolerant to tip burn.
The virtues of Chinese cabbage include loads of soluble fiber, antioxidants, and almost negligible caloric content. Use this mildly-flavored veggie in stir-fries, as a stand-in for conventional cabbage, or fresh in salads.
Days to maturity are calculated from date of direct seeding.
- belongs to the mustard family
- Chinese cabbage is a cool season crop that performs best in spring and fall in a wide range of soil types
- Young plants exposed to temperature fluctuations can result in bolting
- Direct Sow in the ground after the danger of frost has passed for a spring crop;
- start 4-5 weeks before anticipated transplant date. Plant seeds 1/4 in deep and transplant after all risk of frost has passed.
- Spacing: 1-2 ft apart.
- Fall crops can be direct sown July—mid-August; can be started from June to mid-July and set out when there are 4-5 true leaves
- Harvest heads as soon as mature to avoid bolting
- Store at 36°F and 95% relative humidity
- Seed Count: 50