Lettuce - Buttercrunch (Lactuca sativa var. capitata) Buttercrunch Lettuce Non GMO & Organic Vegetable
Buttercrunch lettuce plants grow to have medium green, crisp, thick and fleshy leaves that taste sweet and tender with a round core; heads weigh approx 5-8 oz matured. Plants will produce several weeks longer than other varieties.
- Full sun
- Direct seed in late May. Cover seed lightly, germinates @ 20C. Space seedlings at 15cm. Matures in July and August.
- Start indoors 4 weeks before setting out -seeds should sprout in 7-15 days, depending on conditions. Seeds don't sprout easily when the soil temperature is over 22°C (72°F) in summer and you can help them pre-sprout by sprinkling seeds on a damp paper towel and placing it in a plastic bag in the fridge for a few days. Transplant to pots when the root is 2.5 cm long and to garden when seedlings are strong enough to handle.
- Can be used in containers
- If bolted leave the flowers to attract beneficial pollinators
- Awesome fresh taste - pick just before serving!
- great for containers
- Seed count: 1 gr