Kale - Blue Curled Scotch ( Brassica oleracea var. acephala) Blue Curled Scotch Kale Non GMO & Organic Heirloom Vegetable
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Kale - Blue Curled Scotch Kale - ( Brassica oleracea var. acephala) Blue Curled Scotch Kale Non GMO & Organic Heirloom Vegetable
This variety is a low growing dwarf type kale that have sbue green finely curled leaves and is ideal in the North American climate
- Tender and sweet after a light frost
- Very cold tolerant
- Harvest in late fall to early winter.
- Direct sow seeds in the summer for fall crop about 1 cm deep; 55 days to maturity or start seeds indoors about six weeks before your last expected frost date. Cover the seeds with about 1/2 inch of soil, and do not allow the seeds to dry out before Kale seeds germinate quickly in warm soil and should sprout up within 10 days. Once the risk of frost has passed, transplant outdoors 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep in rows spaced 18-30 inches apart
- Prefers full sun
- Loaded in Vitamin A and makes a hearty addition to any meal
- The plant will continue to grow and produce leaves if you harvest it correctly: If you cut the plant off at the top or harvest the smaller leaves growing in the center, it is likely you will kill the plant. Leave that center area at the top of the stem for the plant to keep on producing.
- Pick fresh kale leaves; place in freezer about ten minutes before serving
- Seed count: 1 gr