Tomato - Beefsteak (Solanum lycopersicum) Salsa Tomatoes Non GMO & Organic Beef Steak Vegetable
Say Hello to the 'King' of the tomato family! Beefsteak tomatoes are also known as the 'salsa' tomato, and tastes like a classic, old-fashioned tomato. The flesh is firm, juicy and “meaty”, and is a fantastic choice for sandwiches and where sliced firm tomatoes are used.
- Full Sun
- Sow seed indoors in flats about 1/2 in deep 6 weeks before the last frost; nurture them until at least 8 in (20 cm) tall, and exterior soil temperatures are at least 60 F. (16 C.).
- seedlings needs to be hardened off before planting outdoors, usually around May and after all risk of frost has passed. Acclimatise them slowly by placing them out for a short period of time gradually increasing time until eventually transplanted.
- Plant seedlings 20 to 36 in apart and deeply into the soil. You can bury as much as 2/3 of the seedlings' stem as this will give them a healthy and strong start
- Prefers full sun to achieve a rich colour and a full healthy crop.
- Tomatoes are ready to harvest when the fruit is a medium to deep red color.
- Matures 85 days
- Seed Count: 10