Thai Basil – (Ocimum Basilicum) ‘Siam Queen’ Heirloom Herb
Height: 15 in
This basil variety produces dense deep purple inflorescences and has a spicy anise licorice flavour and aroma. Excellent served fresh in Thai green curries and Vietnamese noodle soups!
- Basil must have warm conditions
- Prefers moist, rich, well-drained soil
- Seedlings are slow-growing and delicate.
- Sow seed, 1⁄8 inches deep, in summer or indoors in late spring. When the seedlings appear, thin the plants to 1 foot apart.
- Growing: Susceptible to frost and cold.
- Water at midday not in the evening; avoid overwatering seedlings to prevent mildew.
- Keep some flower buds pinched off to extend harvesting and feed regularly to promote new growth. And if possible, let some stems flower to attract pollinators.
- Remove or cut leaves as required and always from the top
- Water at the base
- Attracts bees
- Seed Count: 1 gr