Alyssum - Purple - Sweet Alison (Lobularia maritima) Deep Purple Flowers Sweet Alyssum Flower
Height 15 cm 6 - 9 in
Alyssum is a low growing flower species native to the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, and is known to thrive where other flowers struggle. Plants are just as popularly grown indoors as they are outdoors and may reseed in optimal climates.
Sweet Alyssum is one the most fragrant blooms available !
- Perfect for rockeries and rock gardens
- bears tiny, rich deep purple flowers
- Great for containers.
- Good self seeder.
- Seeds are most commonly broadcasted directly after the frost.
- For earliest blooms, direct sow seeds in spring.
- Seeds germinate from 7-21 days and do not cover.
- Start seeds indoors 4 weeks before the last frost; cover seed lightly and transplant when seedlings are strong enough to handle, and all risk of frost has passed
- Allow for 20 cm spacing
- Matures in 60-75 days
- Light: sun, light shade
- Soil: not fussy
- Spacing: 20cm
- Season: early summer to frost.
- Attracts bees and butterfly pollinators
- Seed count: 25