Allium - Ornamental Onion (Allium aflatunense) Ornamental Flowering Purple Onions Flower
Height 24 to 36 in
This variety of ornamental flowering onion is a species of plant in the amaryllis family, and is native to Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan in Central Asia. It is commonly grown as a garden plant in other regions.
Excellent architectural plant that can be grown easily from seed, and is an economical way to increase these statement plants in your garden. Giant Purple Alliums have gorgeous flower heads that are highly attractive to bees; flower heads appear in the spring and early summer from May to June.
- Prefers full sun
- Well draining soil
- excellent cutting flowers
- attracts pollinators
- stunning purple coloured blooms
- sow intro trays of gritty compost and cover the seeds with 5 mm of grit. Place the containers outside in a shady spot
- Or direct sow when the soil is dry in the spring; scatter seeds and water in slightly
- deep containers are good option
- harvest and collect the seeds for your garden and friends
- Seed Count: 20