Squash - Acorn Table Gold (Curcubita pepo) Winter Squash Open Pollinated Non GMO Organic Heirloom Vegetable
Height 24” tall
This is a highly productive, open pollinated early maturing and compact bush type plant that produces high yields of bright gold, acorn-shaped 5 inch squash that has a fantastic nutty flavor. Excellent sliced, fried, or steamed. Best when harvested when 3" long.
Table Gold is earlier than vining types by weeks and bears buttery gold fruit from 1-2 pounds producing 3-4 per squash per plant. Table Gold Squash makes a great choice for the home gardener with limited space.
- Matures in 80 days
- Full Sun
- Start seeds indoors 3-4 weeks prior to last frost; plant 1 - 1 1/2 in deep
- Germinates in 7-14 days
- OR direct sow outdoors after all risk of frost has passed and plant in hills 4 ft apart or in rows 4-7 ft apart
- protect ripening summer squash from damp ground by placing them on boards. Cut summer squash carefully from plants to prevent damaging the vines.
- keep soil consistently moist, but not waterlogged. Water well during dry and hot spells.
- harvest 50-65 days after transplanting outdoors
- Seed count: 20