Lettuce - Green Loose Leaf Lettuce Mix (Lactuca Sativa) Red Leaf Boston Looseleaf Lettuce Non GMO & Organic Heirloom Vegetablee
Height 12 in
Lettuce all the year round!
This variety is one of the most hardy variety of heirloom open pollinated lettuce anywhere. Can withstand heat without bolting or becoming bitter and grows incredibly well in cold temperatures! If you have unpredictable weather this is a great variety!
- Full sun if not too hot; keep soil moist as too much heat and not enough water makes lettuce bolt
- Part sun is best
- Direct sow after all risk of frost has passed
- OR start seeds indoors 2-3 weeks prior to last frost; transplant out when seedlings are strong enough to handle and risk of frost has passed. Most leaf varieties reach maturity in 35 - 50 days
- Seeds need light to germinate; sow no more than 1/2 in deep and 1 in apart.
- Plants 12 in apart; rows should be 12 - 18 in apart at most or broadcast seeds in small areas with no formal rows
- harvest outer leaves as needed
- Harvest: lettuce regrows after leaves are cut or picked off the stem. As long as there is 1-2 inches of stem and leaves at the base, lettuce will shoot new growth in as little as a week. This is called the cut and come again harvesting method.
- Mature plants are not freeze tolerant
- Great for containers and window boxes.
- Seed count: 1 gr