Cornflowers Bachelor Button Flower Mix (Centaurea cyanus) Non-GMO - Flower
The Multicolored Cornflowers Bachelor Button Flower Mix, scientifically known as Centaurea cyanus, is a delightful and colorful annual wildflower blend that adds a burst of vibrancy to gardens, meadows, and floral arrangements. This mix includes a variety of shades, such as black, pink, purple, red, and white, offering a captivating tapestry of colors. The flowers in this mix are commonly referred to as Bachelor Buttons, and they are known for their simple, yet charming, daisy-like blooms. Cornflowers are easy to grow, and their enchanting appearance makes them a favorite for attracting pollinators and brightening up outdoor spaces.
- Sunlight: Cornflowers thrive in full sun, so choose a location that receives at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight daily.
- Well-drained soil: Cornflowers prefer well-draining soil. Amending the soil with organic matter can enhance its quality.
- Spring: Plant the Multicolored Cornflowers Bachelor Button Flower Mix in the spring when the risk of frost has passed and the soil has warmed.
- Start with seeds: Sow the seeds directly into the prepared soil. This mix is a combination of different colors, so you can scatter the seeds evenly or create your own patterns.
- Lightly cover seeds: Gently press the seeds into the soil, but do not bury them too deeply. Cornflowers require light to germinate.
- Moderate watering: Keep the soil consistently moist during the germination and early growth stages. Once established, Cornflowers are relatively drought-tolerant and require less frequent watering.
- Minimal fertilization: Cornflowers do not demand heavy fertilization. They grow well in lean soils and can thrive without significant nutrient additions.
- Limited pruning: Cornflowers do not require extensive pruning. Deadhead spent flowers to encourage continuous blooming and prevent self-seeding if desired.
- Generally pest and disease-resistant: Cornflowers are not highly susceptible to pests or diseases. They are typically low-maintenance in this regard.
- The Multicolored Cornflowers Bachelor Button Flower Mix is relatively low-maintenance once established. Regular deadheading can extend the blooming season, and they can self-seed for future growth.
- Seed count: 30